The Best Location To Suit Your Lifestyle
Friendship Terrace represents the best that urban living has to offer: a lovely residential setting surrounded by single family homes within walking distance of the places that serve your everyday interests and needs. Restaurants, parks, libraries, shops, grocery stores, pharmacies, houses of worship and public transportation are just around the corner from your front door. It’s also a short train or car ride to all of Washington, DC’s major attractions.
Two Metro Stations (Red Line) serve residents in the area. The Tenleytown Metro Station is a mere five-minute walk from Friendship Terrace, while the Friendship Heights Metro Station is one mile away.
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- U.S. Post Office
Places of Interest
- Tenley Friendship Library
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park on Connecticut Avenue
- American University School of International Law
Parks and Recreation
- Turtle Park Recreational area, boasting a125-person capacity community room, playground, spaces for basketball, tennis & baseball.
- Wilson Aquatic Center (Wilson H.S.), offers a competition-sized indoor pool with diving boards, leisure pool and whirlpool in addition to lap swimming. Register for free aerobics classes (available to DC residents with ID).
- Fort Reno Park has summer concerts and athletic fields
Houses of Worship
- St. Anne’s Catholic Church, within walking distance from Friendship Terrace
- St. Columbas Episcopal Church, within walking distance from Friendship Terrace
- Citizen Heights Christian Church, within walking distance from Friendship Terrace
- Restoration Church, within walking distance from Friendship Terrace
- The Washington National Cathedral (1.6 miles away)